Our female members have special needs. AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware makes it easy for you to visit doctors who specialize in your health.
All of our female members can get care from any of our women’s health providers. You can set up visits to these doctors without calling your primary care provider (PCP) first. These visits include:
Routine gynecological (GYN, or female) care, like:
- Breast exams.
- Pelvic exams.
- Pap smears and education.
- Preventive health services.
- GYN problems for diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and follow-up care
- Maternity care, including all visits.
- Breast cancer screening.
All women should do a breast self-exam every month. We also want you to get a mammogram every year after you turn 40.
Your doctor may even want you to get this exam sooner.
A mammogram is an X-ray of your breasts. This test and monthly self-exams can find breast cancer early. The X-ray can show a lump before you or your doctor can feel it. Cancer that is found early is easier to treat. This can save your life.
You do not need a referral from your doctor to get a mammogram. But, you do need a prescription. Talk to your doctor about this.
Talk to your doctor or call AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at:
- Diamond State Health Plan: 1-844-211-0966 (TTY 1-855-349-6281).
- Diamond State Health Plan-Plus: 1-855-777-6617 (TTY 1-855-362-5769).
Or, try Find a Provider.
Visit the member portal, take a quiz and learn your risks.