Telehealth Services with AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware covers telehealth services. These services help you get physical and behavioral health services from home. They usually come in two ways:
- Telephonic sessions (over the phone).
- Secure web-portal sessions (using a smartphone, tablet, or computer).
Providers are required to follow state and federal rules and guidelines.
You may still see your provider in person. Your provider may also decide socially distanced face-to-face sessions are needed.
What technology do I need for a telehealth appointment?
For an appointment with your provider by video, you'll need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera, and an internet connection.
There are certain services that you can complete by a phone call with your provider.
Try these tips to help you get the most from your telehealth session:
- Get ready. Find a private, quiet place and let others know you can’t be disturbed.
- Test your equipment before the session begins to make sure you have a good connection. To hear better we suggest wearing headphones or earbuds.
- Come prepared with any questions, symptoms to share, and something to write down the provider’s recommendations.
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Telehealth, Powered by MDLive
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Telehealth is a telehealth service where you can visit with board-certified doctors by video or phone.* It is a no-cost, convenient option for non-emergency medical conditions. Doctors are available 24/7/365 to diagnose and treat non-emergency care needs and can have a prescription sent directly to your pharmacy, if necessary.
You may want to have a virtual visit:
- Instead of going to the ER or urgent care for non-emergency issues.
- If your doctor is not available.
- While at home, work or on-the-go.
Get started by activating your account by clicking here. Alternatively, you can activate your account and request a visit by phone 24/7. Call toll-free 1-833-599-0444 to speak with an AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Telehealth customer service representative.
To learn more about telehealth and how you can use it, contact Member Services:
- Diamond State Health Plan Members: 1-844-211-0966 (TTY 1-855-349-6281).
- Diamond State Health Plan-Plus Members: 1-855-777-6617 (TTY 1-855-362-5769).
* Standard data and messaging fees may apply.