Your Case Manager
Your AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware case manager is your main health care contact. You can call your case manager if you have questions about your health care services. Your case manager will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to make good choices about your health care. They will help you get the right kind of services and supports in the right setting.
What your case manager will do for you
Your case manager will:
- Give you information about AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware and answer your questions.
- Work with you to make sure you have all the information you need to make good choices about your health care.
- Help you get the right kind of services and supports in the right setting.
- Coordinate all of your physical, behavioral health, and long-term services and supports needs.
- Help solve issues that you have about your care.
- Make sure that your care plan is carried out and works for you.
- Be aware of your needs as they change. The case manager will update your care plan with you to make sure the services you get are right for you.
- Talk with your providers to make sure they are informed about your health care and to coordinate your services.
Changing case managers
- If you are unhappy with your case manager, you can ask for a new one. We will then assign you a new case manager if one is available.
- Your new case manager will best fit your needs. If we cannot assign you a new case manager, we will tell you why. We will also try to help with the problems you have with your current case manager.