New Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) System
Electronic Visit Verification Postponed
The launch of Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) on January 1, 2021, has been postponed. The new start date for EVV is July 1, 2021. Nothing will change for you, as an AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware member, because of this delay. You will continue to receive services in the way you do today. If you have any questions, please talk to your provider, your case manager, or a Member Services representative.
Delaware Medicaid providers of Personal Care Services and Home Health Services are required to use EVV to collect CMS-required visit data. AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware uses EVV as required by the state and federal government.
How does EVV work?
- Your caregiver will check in on a device (either their cell phone or, with your permission, your cell phone or home phone/landline) when they arrive at your home.
- They will provide services as they normally do.
- Your caregiver will check out on a device (either their cell phone or, with your permission, your cell phone or home phone/landline) when the visit is complete.
Why is EVV being implemented?
- It will help Delaware Medicaid make sure you are receiving the services in your care/service plan.
- All states are setting up EVV systems because of a new federal law.
- It will help reduce fraud.